9.01.2008

A (Literally) Lost Tooth



About a month ago my sister Kristal looked into Hunter's mouth and said, "Have you noticed Hunter has this tooth coming in?" WHAT?

Yup - one of Hunter's permanent bottom teeth was coming in, but the one in front of it wasn't loose yet! So he started wiggling. And wiggling. And wiggling. Then on Saturday at the softball fields Dave asked to see it, but instead sneakily stuck his finger in and pulled it down really hard.

So there the tooth was... hanging there by a thread and bleeding. But Hunter wouldn't pull it out. ALL of our softball friends were saying, "C'mon, Hunter! Just pull it out! You can do it!" So he sat down and tried, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He just didn't know exactly what to do...it was his first loose tooth, after all! Anyway, he ran around for awhile, playing with his little friends during Dave's last game and all of a sudden he comes running over to me, opens his mouth and grunts. The tooth was gone!

"Oh my gosh, Hunter, you're tooth's gone! Did you pull it out?" I asked, thinking he had it in his hand. But his eyes were full of tears and he cried, "I LOST it!" So all that running around and it just fell out...he'd lost his first tooth...literally. But apparently the tooth fairy doesn't need an actual tooth to bring money, because she left $7.00 under Hunter's pillow that night! Plus, the Papa & Nana tooth fairies brought Hunter a $10.00 check! Also, the pitcher from Dave's team, our dear friend Paul, gave Hunter a $5.00 bill after the game!

So all in all this first lost tooth has been worth $22.00. Now I'm wondering what the next one will be worth...

4 comments:

Katy said...

Poor Hunter! LOL I love your new template! So cute and bright! Tell that tooth fairy to come down this way next time Gracie loses a tooth! I think she got like 1.50 all in change! LOL That tooth fairy set a high standard! LOL I hope I have a baby this week too!!!!

Katy said...

Hey great picture at the top! I need to update ours, I figure I might as well wait until baby comes if he/she is ever going to come!

Colleen said...

WOW! That tooth fairy is very generous to your kids!! And ya know what? Seth has lost I think 2 teeth (like really lost, somewhere in the house I believe) must be a boy thing!! LOL Love the new look to your blog Ali...great picture too! Talk soon.

Emma said...

I remember getting like 50 cents for a tooth lol. My computer is working again... for some reason. So I'm back, at least for a while lol.