4.25.2011

Easter Sunday

What an amazing day.  One of the best I've had in a LONG time.  Such joy filled my heart from the very first sound of Hunter running down the hall to the living room to see what the Easter Bunny had brought to the very last sound of Dave saying, "What a great day...", right before I fell asleep. 

I made a big breakfast for us while Dave worked out before church.  Hunter got the 'Dennis the Menace' DVD in his basket, so we watched it and laughed while we were getting ready.  I have not heard Dave that loud and that much in a long time.  Hunter said right before we left for church, "Did you hear Dad howling and cackling?"  Ha!

Church was WONDERFUL!  Such great songs, a great message, such loving and special people...Dave & I left feeling overjoyed and refreshed.  Coop said on the way home, "I feel good when I'm at church."  That made me smile.  :)

The food at Mom & Dad's was SO good!  I ate way too much, but I couldn't help myself!  The sugar cookies we helped Nana make on Saturday were especially delicious.  Why are those things so dang irresistable? 

Finally, we ended the day spending some time with Dave's family.  His mom and stepdad just bought a new house and it is big and roomy and has lots of space to spread out and have fun.  The boys had fun dying eggs with Grandma and their cousin Rykker. 

I just can't say enough about Easter 2011...it means so much to know I am saved by the blood of Jesus.  I hope the joy spreads out into this very busy week and I can keep my eyes fixed upon what's really important. 






































Hey, two blogs in one week!  I need a prize for this!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Okay here's your prize.....OOOOO....those are big hugs! Haha! Can't believe I hadn't looked at either of these yet! Love the post! Looks like you guys had a great Easter! Love you!