12.16.2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas! I told myself I wouldn't say it, but my goodness…hasn't this year just flown by?! God has been so good to our family this year – I just have to share the highlights with you all!

We like to say Coop (age 5) is in his senior year of preschool. While he could care less about learning his letters & numbers, he loves his friends in his class. I think he gets his "social butterfly" nature from my dad (or possibly me – ha)! Coop played t-ball this summer and made a double-play in his very first game! The kid lives and breathes baseball, and we can't wait to see how that talent progresses in the years to come. He is a huge fan of WWE wrestling and John Cena…he never misses an episode! He has 3 wrestling rings and lots of action figures and acts out all the matches. Coop loves being outside and helping Daddy on projects around the house. He keeps us on our toes, but he is such a blessing!

Hunter (almost 9) is in 3rd grade and is December's Student of the Month at his school! He never ceases to amaze us with his vast knowledge on every subject and his dry sense of humor. With a brain like a sponge, he is always quoting random facts that he has read in a book. He played 1st base in Cal Ripken baseball and continued playing soccer this year. He improves and learns more every season. Hunter loves his PSP video game! He is also a great big brother…his patience with Coop is very admirable. He spends many afternoons in the backyard pitching balls so he can practice his pitches and Coop can practice hitting. Many times I find myself thinking, "Hunter is one of my best friends."

I think it's safe to say I have had one of the BEST years ever! It is truly a blessing to be able to stay at home with my boys. I also watch a 2 ½ year old little girl during the school year, and she is just wonderful…the daughter I never had. In June, I got to go to Vegas with my sisters and a few of my cousins…we had a blast! We also enjoyed a camping trip to Ocean Park with family and friends over the 4th of July holiday, and 2 days at the Great Wolf Lodge! And of course, those who know me understand that I live for softball season. I am Dave's biggest fan and the boys & I travel with him wherever he plays. So many fun memories are made out on the softball fields, plus I get a great tan!

And then there is our hero…Dave. As I like to say, "Everything's better and more fun when Daddy's home!" He loves the snow, and took a couple of snowmobiling trips to Halfway, OR. When that was over, he started softball again – his team took 4th place in the state, and they also won several other tournaments! He helped out on the boys' soccer/baseball/t-ball teams too! But the most exciting news of this year has been his new job. In August, he started at Hanford as a planner/scheduler. He really likes it and enjoys doing something different. He still owns his business, so he is pretty busy, but he takes such good care of us and we are so thankful for him!

We are also thankful for the birth of our Savior, Jesus! We know we would BE nothing and HAVE nothing without Him. We hope all of you, our friends and family, will let Jesus fill your hearts with much joy and peace this Christmas season and throughout the coming year. We love you all!

The Kleinow Family – Dave, Ali, Hunter & Cooper

1 comment:

Katy said...

I just love you guys!! That's all I can say!